Thursday, June 16, 2005

Odd Things

The one odd thing that happened to me last night....
Earlier today I was watching that show 100 Top Kid Stars on VH1 and there was this scene with Elijah Wood from the 90’s. He is sitting in a class room and he asks the teacher, “Can I go to the bathroom?”
The teacher looks at him sternly. “You can go to the bathroom. But you may not. Please rephrase your question.”
“Can I please go to the bathroom?”
Later, I thought about that scene when I asked a customer “can I see your drivers license?” Then I said, “ I mean, may I see your drivers license?”
She laughed and said, “that’s okay. I’m an English teacher.”
She was the first and last person I said that to. I thought it was weird that I rephrased the question properly for her and she happened to be an English teacher.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home