Monday, May 30, 2005

The Sound of Crickets

Sunday, May 29, 2005
11:23 PM

Guess there won’t be a blog entry today. I can’t think of anything. All I can think about is what I should write about in my blog, should I IM him or not tomorrow, should watch a movie, should I, should I, should I.......
So is this what happens? As I get better, stronger, and chase all the demons out, I no longer have anything to write about? Damn, that didn’t take long! Surely, there must be something....

So I go next door and watch Ladder 49 up to the part where Linda says “So it’s about me and the kids again.” I get pissed off with her like I always do and turn it off. It’s not Linda’s fault, just a bad plot device. Then I walk into my room where I left my radio on and Audioslave is singing “Be Yourself is all that you can do....” At least it's not "Speed of Sound."

I was going to write about how Coldplay’s new song seems to be following me. Are they really playing it that much? Is anyone else hearing this song everywhere they go? Or is there some “secret message from the universe” in the lyrics that is meant only for me?

7:18 AM

I sit down at the computer. I stare at the screen. I hear crickets chirping. I’ve surfed the ‘Net and only come up with sarcastic references to the Federlines, Paris, Mary Kate, and Brad Pitt’s BO. No interesting websites. Nothing. Oh, but there was that one about the nude yoga. The reference to the “downward facing dog” had me in spasms of sobbing laughter. (If you’ve ever done yoga in a group setting, that’s all I need to say.) Since it’s a celebrity parody site, I will not reference it. Against my policy. I will only reference news, not gossip. But I will give you the blog url if you ask nicely.

I check the date. May 30. It’s been a long month and I still have one more day before I change my Keanu Reeves desktop calendar.

I light my candle. I summon the muses. Nothing. Oh, well. It is Memorial Day. Maybe the spirits are otherwise occupied at all those ceremonies. May as well go to Walmart. Maybe something will happen. It will be a few days before my next selection from Netflix arrives. At least I have something to look forward to.

Oh, I did have an interesting thing happen. They just opened a Save-a-lot in town and I went there for the first time. When I rounded the corner and walked into the frozen food section, I had such a feeling of deja vu....it was like I had stepped into the scene in Ladder 49 where Jack and Linda first met. Had no idea until that moment it was a Save-A-Lot where they filmed it!

Oh, well. Maybe I’ll think of something to write....




Dogs are forever in the push-up position. ~ Mitch Hedberg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home