Thursday, June 09, 2005

The Sound of One Hand Clapping

Sorry I haven't written lately, I haven't felt very clever lately. Too much on my mind to even chat. And alas, the muse seems to have left me. For now, anyway.
But in the interim these things have come to mind and I have decided to include them...

Everyone should have a blog. Never before in history have so many people written so much content that was ignored by so many readers.

The first time I ever heard about a blog was on the nightly news. Some 12 year old was feature (with her blog) and I'm thinking, isn't she smart? No, she's not smart, she's obsessed!!! She's a borderline obsessive/compulsive who ten years from now will be wallowing in a pile of empty Black Jack bottles mumbling... "I have to find something interesting to write. I don't want my readers to forget me."

I have found some interesting websites. Like this one, called Straightdope, which ponders age-old questions like....

What is the sound of one hand clapping?
In "The Flintstones," what was Barney Rubble's job?
What is Don McLean's song "American Pie" all about?
If all one billion Chinese jumped at once, would the earth be thrown out of its orbit?
Who invented the smiley face?
Is there really such a thing as a pathological liar?
When a woman gives birth in westerns, why do they always boil water?
Is it true what they say about gerbils?

And I also wanted to comment on David Letterman. I watched it last night to see if Russell Crowe was going to comment on his "misbehavior". Did I really hear him comment on his and David's kids not being named "Blue Sky" or "Leaf"? What I was not prepared for was Paul Anka singing "Smells Like Teen Spirit."
I was flipping back after the commercials and caught his song. I was in shock. It was like a Joe Piscopo sketch on SNL. I may need therapy after that surreal experience.

For you readers who were expecting a continuation of my story? Sorry to disappoint you. Maybe next time.




Someone handed me a picture and said, "This is a picture of me when I was younger." Every picture of you is when you were younger. "Here's a picture of me when I'm older." How you'd pull that off? What's that camera look like? ~ Mitch Hedberg

1 Comments:

Blogger gypsyfenix said...

I just noticed I used "comment" three times...I told you I wasn't feeling very clever....

June 10, 2005 5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home