Friday, June 03, 2005

Love Me Like A Song

I came up with this idea after noticing the emotions that certain songs stirred...the images....the messages they seemed to speak to me. So I’m writing this “story” inspired by song lyrics. I hope it speaks to you as well. This is sort of a prelude to a real story that I’m working on, and hopefully will get enough done to put in a blog. Don’t hold your breath....


Chapter One:The Angels Speak

She talks to angels,
Says they call her out by her name
She wears a cross around her neck
And the cross is someone she has not met, not yet

Now that she's back in the atmosphere
With drops of Jupiter in her hair, hey, hey
She acts like summer and walks like rain
Reminds me that there's time to change, hey, hey
Since the return of her stay on the moon
She listens like spring and she talks like June, hey, hey

But tell me did you sail across the sun
Did you make it to the Milky Way to see the lights all faded
And that heaven is overrated

Tell me, did you fall for a shooting star
One without a permanent scar
And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there



She took the crosstown bus to Buena Vista then walked to the Via Cappuccino on River Drive. After ordering a large soy latte with a double shot of espresso, she sat down and started sketching in her journal. Suddenly she felt a humming, a vibration in her chest that traveled to the back of her neck, down her arms, then down to the souls of her feet. She looked up and saw him staring at her. His ocean green eyes were staring through her and she felt as if her heart were breaking. She knew the intense sadness was coming from him.

(to be continued....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home