Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Real Men of Genius

If you listen to the radio a bit and they advertise Bud Light, you've probably heard these commercials. Maybe you're like me...a huge fan. If not, you will definitely recognize some of these denizens of leisure. Like Mr. Way Too Much Cologne Wearer, Mr. Really Really Really Bad Dancer, or Mr. Company Computer Guy.

I turn up the radio and tell everybody to shut up when I hear the beginning...."Bud Light presents"....along with the opening music. I was totally delighted when I discovered budlight.whipnet.com which has all the Bud Light commercials in MP3s. (Be patient...it doesn't always load the first time and it takes a few minutes, especially if you have dial-up.)

Some of my favorites include...

Mr. Giant Taco Salad Inventor - "A culinary creation that baffles the mind...a 1200 calorie salad."

Mr. Overzealous Foul-Ball Catcher - "you go after that ball like a blood-thirsty wolverine. 'You're a feisty rodent!'"

Mr. Fancy Coffee Shop Coffee Pourer - "Why is it called a latte? Maybe because it costs a latte and it takes a latte time to make."


Mr. Over The Top Carb Counter - "From breakfast through dinner, you tirelessly record every precious carb hoping it will add up to your target number...zero."

Mr. All You Can Eat Buffet Inventor - "...if there's gravy...then everything's going to be okay!"

Mr. Restroom Toilet Paper Refiller - "somewhere there's a guy with his pants around his ankles doing the bunny hop..."

Mr. Male Furcoat Wearer - "Nothing says 'I could give a rat's rearend' like a man in a floor-length chinchilla."

And my all time favorite, Mr. Furniture Assembly Manual Writer - "Thanks to you, people everywhere can purchase furniture, open a box and go completely insane."(Anyone who has ever put together this "easy-to-assemble" furniture will really appreciate that last one.)

The narrator of these very entertaining radio spots is Pete Stacker, who delivers his lines with the right amount of sarcasm and wit.There is a little info on the site about the background singer who may sound familiar. He was a member of a group call "Survivor." You may remember a song they did... "Eye of the Tiger." I think it was a theme song from a movie back in the 80's starring Sylvester Stallone, but I could be wrong.

Any way, go to this site if you have computer space left download into and an afternoon to kill. And have a good laugh!






I went to a restaurant, and I saw a guy wearing a leather jacket, eating a hamburger, drinking a glass of milk. I said, "Dude, you are a cow. The metamorphosis is complete. Don't fall asleep or I will tip you over!" ~ Mitch Hedberg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home