Sunday, May 22, 2005

Reasons I became a vegetarian....

I’ve been seeing this commercial on TV for what product, I don’t remember. But there’s this guys eating a huge burger...it’s not just bigger than his head, it’s bigger than his butt! They say the burger is at Denny’s Beer Barrel Pub. I thought it was a joke.

It’s not. This burger weighs 15-lbs, and can feed a family of ten. Although how a family of ten can eat a single burger on a bun is beyond me. The burger made it into snopes.com the urban legend site. This is not only disgusting it is irresponsible.

I see people in the grocery store buying so much food, especially meat...and it has come to the point that it makes me sick. The portions they serve in restaurants are gargantuan, and yet, they keep making the meals larger and larger. With obesity being the number one health problem in country, no one is trying very hard to change things. We are driving up gas prices and using our resources to produce more and more food that people in this country don’t need.

It has never ceased to amaze me how much people in this country take food for granted. I read once about a defector from Russia who wept the first time he went into an American grocery store. The sight of so much food was too much for him to take. Our generation and our parents generation have never had to stand in line for hours for bread or toilet paper.

Most of the main reasons I quit eating meat can be explained in this cool flash animation called The Meatrix. I have also added some links to the sidebar. I say, if you can't stop eating meat for whatever reason, at least consider eating free range meat and quit supporting factory farms. They are ruining the environment, not to mention risking the future health of the world with all the hormones and antibiotics they are using.

Watch the moo-vie. Then you decide.

What is the Meatrix? Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home