Monday, May 23, 2005

And now for something completely different....

I'm going to be away from my computer for a few days and wanted to leave something for my readers and accidental tourists! Anything!

Alas, my muse seems to have abandoned me (thanks a lot, muse) and I'm left surfing the blogs for something to inspire me.

What I found was a blog called Waiter Rant written by a waiter (duh!) of an unknown bistro in NYC. This guy is good. And since I work in retail, I can relate.



(In honor of Mitch Hedberg, who passed away of heart failure March 30, I will include a quote at the end of each post. If anyone can think of a good reason I should not do this...speak now or forever hold your peace.)

You know when you go into a restaurant, and it gets busy and they start a waiting list, and they start calling out names, like "DuFranes, party of two." They say it again, "DuFranes, party of two." But then if no one answers, they'll just go to the next name, "Bush, party of three." Yeah, but what happened to the DuFranes? No one seems to care. Who can eat at a time like this? People are missing! And they're hungry! That's a double whammy! "Bush, search party of three!" You can eat once you find the DuFranes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home