Saturday, July 23, 2005

The Sad Little Blog

I haven’t been able to write a lot lately because of time restrictions. That plus the fact I have not really had anything to say. This bothers me on several levels. One being my writing has been flooding the gates for about three months. I have been writing at least a thousand words everyday since April. The other reason it bothers me is because my blog just sits there, waiting, like a neglected child. I can see it’s sad little eyes tearing up, it’s little head bowing in sorrow. “But I thought you loved me.” it says. “We had so many good times together.”

I do love you little blog. But you’ve just gotten too needy. I can’t update you everyday and I didn’t want you to turn into one of those spoiled little brats that whine and complain about everything that is wrong with their lives.

The beauty of blogs is they are like children. They are born a tiny little thing with no personality. Then they evolve and grow. We try to shape and mold them into useful Internet citizens, but sometimes they don’t listen because they have minds of their own. So we have to accept them for what they are, do the best we can and let them know we are still here for them if they should need us.

I wasn’t planning the Obtuse Views to become an update for Rock Star: INXS, but that’s about the most interesting thing going on in my life. Well, there are more interesting things, but I really can’t talk about them without losing every friend I have. I’m seriously thinking about changing my mode of creativity. Maybe I’ll go back to guitar and keyboard, write some songs…who knows. I think I just need a break from writing for a while.

The only thing sadder than updating a blog with "I don't feel like writing today" is one that sits there for weeks not being updated at all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogs need love; they really do. Otherwise they just wither and it's so pitiful ;-)

Just keep on blogging

July 30, 2005 11:36 PM  
Blogger gypsyfenix said...

Awwww....Thanks, Pia.

July 31, 2005 7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home