Saturday, July 02, 2005

Rules for Blogging

My three main rules for blogging:

1. Don’t update first thing in the morning. I’m half asleep and have trouble with coherent or cohesive thought. Like this one. It’s 9:35 am in case you’re wondering.
2. Don’t update unless you have something to say. I will not start a blog with… “I got up this morning and did so-and-so and then the cat threw up…” unless it is relevant to some great universal awakening.
3. Don’t apologize to your readers for not updating. (See rule #2)


I also have personal rules about not bashing celebrities (unless they ask for it, like Tom Cruise.) No cute stories about my kitties, what I bought on my last shopping trip to Walmart (unless it’s really noteworthy) or my current state of health.
I will not provide links to blogs or message boards that I consider offensive, defamatory or lewd. Why encourage pathetic people who think their opinions are entertaining or influential in some way?

What’s left? Ahh…there’s the challenge. And hopefully makes for an interesting blog.

I’m in the middle of an intense online summer course, so the blogging will be sporadic, major epiphanies and procrastination being the exception.

I’ve updated my “Obtuse Reviews” for the movie “Love Song of Bobby Long.”




Procrastinate - to drag one's ass in such a pathetic manner as to ensure one's place in life as a loser. ~ Love Song for Bobby Long

2 Comments:

Blogger Doris said...

I like your rules for blogging! Especially NOT apologising for not having owt to say!

July 02, 2005 3:07 PM  
Blogger gypsyfenix said...

Thanks Doris!

And thanks for stopping by!

July 02, 2005 11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home