Saturday, May 21, 2005

Down the Rabbit Hole

Posted by Hello


effect on water crystal while playing "Imagine" by John Lennon

This blogging business is harder than I thought. Oh, I don’t think it’s hard to throw out random thoughts, or record my day, but that’s not what I wanted for my blog. I wanted it to be special. Different.

When I first started this blog, I listed all the reasons for its existence. (See Ms. Brightside.) One of the things I wanted to do is communicate with certain people out there who probably know who they are and I wouldn’t be able to mention anyway without causing a disturbance in the force. Then something happened and now I’m feeling like Neo in The Matrix. I’ve definitely met The Architect.

The “something” that happened is not easily defined. You see, I’m a member of Netflix (a great online DVD rental company, check it out) and I was slated to get Mitch Hedberg’s DVD next. But after talking to a friend of mine about certain occurrences in my life that have caused it to take a harsh right turn, I rented “What the Bleep Do We Know?” I’m not going to turn this into a movie review...I have a separate blog for that...but I have to say if I had known that J. Z. Knight was involved with the movie, I wouldn’t have watched it. She’s been channeling a 35,000 warrior named Ramtha since the 70’s, so it’s easy to understand why I would have misgivings about the validity of the theories in this movie. Aside from the obvious problems with the movie, i.e. bad analogies, junk science, etc. it helped me understand some of the experiences I’ve had recently.

I’m still sorting a lot of these things out. Let’s just say right now I feel like I took the blue pill.


I had a stick of Carefree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality. ~ Mitch Hedberg

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home