Friday, May 06, 2005

Changes

In order to change your life, you have to amend the wrongs you have done to yourself first. I’ve thought about it, and I realize what I see as mistakes in my life are just trips down the wrong path. Some things can be changed, some have been changed, and others can not.
It’s like the serenity prayer. “Grant me to change the things I can, accept the things I can’t and the wisdom to know the difference.” We all have things that have happened to us that we deal with every day, things that we regret. Things that we would change if we could. Just thinking about the things we would change if we could sometimes helps. It puts things into perspective and helps define the person we would like to be. Sometimes we realize we can still be the person we started out to be. We only need to recognize and deal with the things we can change.


    Things I would change about my life
  • I wouldn’t have married my ex-husband.
  • I would sing more, paint and draw more.
  • I would play my guitar regardless if there was anyone there to listen.
  • I would not have settled for any man than would treat me less than I truly deserve.
  • I would have thought of myself first when it came to relationships and not thought of it as being selfish, but being fair to myself.

What would you change about your life?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home