Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Dave Navarro Online


Wow. I have been so-o-o-o-o busy. I have had things to write about, but I haven't had time! Two more weeks of study and another semester will be behind me.

But one thing I've been doing is hanging out with Dave Navarro online. Yes, the same Dave Navarro who had his own reality show on MTV "Til Death Do Us Part", that chronicled his wedding to the lovely Carmen Electra. Earlier this year, he played co-host and mentor to the contestants on RockStar:INXS. Now he has his own "reality website." He's been hosting a radio show with Billy Morrison called the "Camp Freddy Radio" show on Indie 103.1 on Saturday night, 6-8 p.m. If you miss the show, Dave has in archived on his site. During this time, a chat room opens up, so he can see who's listening and give them a shout out on the radio. Recently he decided to take it one step further and add a webcam in the studio and anything goes on the Internet, folks!

Dave's been really busy lately with his own band, The Panic Channel, which consists of Steve Isaacs, Chris Chaney and Steve Perkins. He's also playing clubs and charity events with Camp Freddy, which is Billy Morrison of the Cure, Donovan Leitch of television and Camp Freddy Radio, Matt Sorum of Velvet Revolver, and Chris Chaney of Jane's Addiction and who ever else shows up.

Now he's streaming his own show from his bedroom…live radio, off the cuff, totally uncensored, whenever he feels like it, folks. Sometimes he opens a chat room during the broadcast, AIM is open for requests, comments, and whatever. Unfortunately, no webcam has appeared in the bedroom. I wonder if maybe his wife, Carmen Electra nixed that idea.
It's great fun and shows that he really cares about the people out there, the ones who listen to his show and buy his records. Check it out. It's a blast!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chickie, I can never catch you online so I had to come to your damn site to try to catch you *wink wink* I know you're trying to finish school, but wow, do I sense Dave taking over for Joaquin? lol

December 14, 2005 9:00 PM  
Blogger gypsyfenix said...

HAHA!
As much as I hate to admit it....Dave will at least give me the time of day!

But I still have a soft spot in my heart (and possibly my head) for old Wokwok.

I'm working on my last report and will take my last final tonight. I'll be updating soon.

BTW I have a blog on Myspace too. I'll be adding the link later.

December 15, 2005 7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, I know you'll always have a place for Joaq, but I do have to tell ya, I took my sister with me to see Walk The Line a few weeks ago, and we got evacuated half way through the movie cause a tornado had touched down, lol, damn Oklahoma weather, but we got to finish it, and I do have to say he did just as we expected that he would, he was amazing. By now you're probably done with your finals, so CONGRATS, maybe I'll actually get to talk to ya online once and awhile now, I'll be coming to NC this summer, so we'll have to talk about meeting up. TTYS

December 16, 2005 3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home